PATTERSON CENTER – JEFFERSON PATTERSON PARK & MUSEUM
Location: St. Leonard, MD
Size: 14,647 Square Feet; 560-acres
Client: Maryland Department of General Services
Built in the 1930’s, the Patterson Center, located in Calvert County, Maryland, was donated to the State of Maryland in 1983 by Mary Marvin Breckinridge Patterson as part of a generous gift.
The Patterson Center consists of a complex of 6 buildings totaling 14,647 square feet, a large pool, tennis court, and manicured lawns and gardens. Long recognized for its archaeological significance, the importance of the property’s historic architectural resources is now being recognized and preserved. The entire property, designed by local architect Gertrude Sawyer, is a good example of the late American Country House movement. The scope of the current project comprises 15 acres containing the Main Residence, Pump House/Garage, Pool House and Pool.